Skip to main content

Wrap it up B!

Okay I know it’s been a week, calm down. We got home on Thanksgiving and everyone scattered for the next few days, making getting together photos and the such kinda hard. That, and, well, I’ve been lazy—and it’s been awesome.

Before we get into the last couple of days on tour I would like to thank everyone who fed us, gave us a beer, let us louse up their couch and/or floor, came to our shows, bought any merch from us, pointed us in the way of cheap food or a clean toilet, and everyone else that we came in contact with on this tour. With a extra huge “thanks a ton” going out to the Beam’s and the Copene’s who have had to put up with us three time in the last two months. We couldn’t do it with out all of you.

Well, we could, but it would suck.

Keep checking in here for updates. There is a new record in the works and talk of a west coast tour in the spring so check back.

So to be completely honest with you I am still in lazy-as-hell mode right now so I am going to keep this short and sweet.

Boise, ID. 11/25/09

Um, can I get a “FUCK YES, BOISE!”? Are you kidding me? What an amazing way to end the tour. Great crowd, great club, great everything. Thank you so much to everyone who came out, we were blown away.

We kind of rolled in, played and rolled out, so I don’t have much dirt to dish, sorry. I will tell you that the seven-hour drive home after the show was just about as painful as it sounds. That last stretch home is always the worst. Especially the hundred miles before Portland, because you know exactly how long it is to your doorstep from every exit. Those signs are like the second hand on the detention clock, they seem to be going in reverse at times.


Salt Lake City, UT. 11/24/09


This is going to really bum me out, these guys came to the show and brought us amazing fresh baked Blue Cheese and caramelized onion bread along with some Scotch eggs and I lost the chunk of paper that had all their info on it.
Boys if you read this give me the info again so I can put a link to your website. That’s a scotch egg they’re holding by the way, not a bag of some new crazy space drugs.

If you never heard of a Scotch egg before I’ll give you the skinny: It’s a hard boiled egg, wrapped in sausage, breaded and deep-fried. So, more or less, it’s one of the most perfect foods in the history of ever. Look at that thing:

It’s your taste buds wet dream and your aorta’s worst nightmare. David almost dropped to one knee and proposed to the thing:



Tonino’s dog was the maid of honor.

—Coyle

Tour To Live!

Comments

  1. Nice work in SLC and thanks for the nod with the detailed photos of the now famous Scotch Egg. Savoury Kitchen, Park City is our catering company, and you can find us at www.savouryparkcity.com. We'll be here next time you guys come around, we should think about a little whole hog BBQ and some Red Fang to compliment. A little swine and Red Fang pairing if you will. Good to meet you guys, keep up the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop whoop! That's my boy Park City Joe with the Scotch Egg. Brotha's got CRAZY flava.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What We Did For Our Summer 2013 Summer Vacation: Part Duex.

Okay, where were we? Slayer. That’s right. So, after all the craziness that was the first couple weeks of the tour we finally settled into our digs for the rest of the tour and met our driver Jens: Things you should know about Jens: The man can drive his ass off. You don’t want to eat his hummus, or he will kill you. If you’re a promoter that ripped off another band he was working for who happens to be at the show he is at, you best find a ATM because he will shake your ass down for all that loot. (Did that make any sense? I don't care.) After a quick bro down with him, we made our way to Interlaken where following a night of hanging with some road homies and watching some Rammstein… Wait, I have to say something right now. I, like a lot of people out there, have never given a good goddamn about Rammstein. Never got the allure. But after watching them live—HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I couldn’t tell you what one of their songs sounds like but their stage show

Chadcago 11/12/09

It was brought to my attention here (scroll to comments) that last time we were in town I didn’t do enough blogging about Aaron’s long-time friend Chad Belfor. Actually I’m surprised there wasn’t more comments on this subject. The people need to know what is going on with Chad at all times. The man is the heartbeat of the city, if Chicago is a heart, he is the Aorta. You put your finger on him to see if the city is still alive. For those of you who don’t know him let me fill you in on the enigma, wrapped in a puzzle, that is Chad Belfor: The first thing you might notice is that Chad is a deep well of emotion, look at him: But Chad is much more complex than that. Chad is a man who wears many hats. Husband, PGA card holder, father, former NASCAR driver, musician, gold medal Olympic athlete… Some of these things could be used to describe him. It’s no wonder that confidence just oozes from his pores: You got to be careful though because after he knocks back a couple tall cold ones the wil

European Headliner Part Three

You know the saying better late than never? This post very well might be an exception to that rule for the following reasons: 1)    I lost my camera and all the photos on it. So I have to use whatever is on my phone and John and David’s photos. 2)    Since being home I have had more beer poured on my face than a corpse at an Irish wake and remember little to nothing about the last couple weeks in Europe. 3)    Compared to the road where all there is a van full of dudes that I don’t really want to talk to after a couple weeks, at home there is a couch and cable to distract me. 4)    I took no notes about said last couple weeks because: 5)    I am really lazy Wiesbaden, Germany 4/27/12 I remember this place! It was an old slaughterhouse turned venue. Those rods on the ceiling are where they would hang the carcasses.  This is going to be easy. Winterhur, Switzerland 4/28/12 I got nothing. No! Wait! This was one of the most scenic drives of the tour as you can t