Skip to main content

EUROPE!!!! 5/31 - 6/5

Keeping the text to a minimum on this one because there's way too much to cover (remember), and I'm not nearly as witty as our dearly missed Road Chief, Chris Coyle. He'll be back on the Prehistoric Blog for the next tour, don't worry!

This tour, we are in in Europe with the Ocean, Intronaut, and Earthship. Here's the bus we're sharing with the Introbors.



First show was Wiesbaden, Germany. Totally bitchin' in every way. Jet lag schmet lag!



After the show we partied with the locals and our new tour mates.

Things got bromantic quickly.

Next show was Bochum, Germany. I'm not gonna keep telling you what a great show every night was - just trust me, they have all been amazing!

Now the lack of sleep is catching up, but the schedule at the beginning of this tour is brutal, so we catch whatever little cat naps we can.
Lyngby, Denmark. Nuts!

We had to leave super early in the morning because we had 2 shows this day. The first was a festival show somewhere in the middle of the woods in Germany. David tries to catch a nap beside a fire pit.

We were the very first band to play this stage, but there were already a ton of eager rock fans being weird. I wish I had better pics of some of the outfits... dammit!

Off to meet up with the rest of the gang in Bremen, Germany. Road soda!! So nice to not have to drive on this tour!

Bremen crowd.

After the Bremen show we had to stay at the bar (I know, boo hoo) and just hang out until it was time to drive to the airport for a fly-in show to Athens, Greece. By this point we have averaged about 2 hours of sleep a night and things are getting weird, but we a professionals, dammit! Luckily, there was a super sweet bartender that matched us shot for shot.

On the way out, Bryan almost lost an arm to the ancient stone version of himself.

No sleep. Delirious at the Frankfurt airport, but SUPER excited to see Greece!

I thought I was seeing things, but it turns out there really WERE about 2 dozen girls in matching turquoise hats and shirts. Never did figure out why. But I like it. Do I? I don't know.

That's Greece down there.

The Athens crowd was INSANE!! So much fun and totally worth no sleep. I figured we'd get a few hours that night before we had to leave in the morning- but, no. Had to stay up and eat amazing food. Again, totally worth it.

Maybe I can sleep on the plane? No.

Berlin crowd. Super fun.

And after this show we finally got a solid 6 or 7 hours of sleep. I wish I had the energy and memory to go into detail about how crazy it is and all the awesome people we've met so far, but dinner is ready and I gotta eat! I'll get caught up on the rest soon.

JS

Comments

  1. .......fucking incredible John. luv every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What We Did For Our Summer 2013 Summer Vacation: Part Duex.

Okay, where were we? Slayer. That’s right. So, after all the craziness that was the first couple weeks of the tour we finally settled into our digs for the rest of the tour and met our driver Jens: Things you should know about Jens: The man can drive his ass off. You don’t want to eat his hummus, or he will kill you. If you’re a promoter that ripped off another band he was working for who happens to be at the show he is at, you best find a ATM because he will shake your ass down for all that loot. (Did that make any sense? I don't care.) After a quick bro down with him, we made our way to Interlaken where following a night of hanging with some road homies and watching some Rammstein… Wait, I have to say something right now. I, like a lot of people out there, have never given a good goddamn about Rammstein. Never got the allure. But after watching them live—HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I couldn’t tell you what one of their songs sounds like but their stage show

European Headliner Part Three

You know the saying better late than never? This post very well might be an exception to that rule for the following reasons: 1)    I lost my camera and all the photos on it. So I have to use whatever is on my phone and John and David’s photos. 2)    Since being home I have had more beer poured on my face than a corpse at an Irish wake and remember little to nothing about the last couple weeks in Europe. 3)    Compared to the road where all there is a van full of dudes that I don’t really want to talk to after a couple weeks, at home there is a couch and cable to distract me. 4)    I took no notes about said last couple weeks because: 5)    I am really lazy Wiesbaden, Germany 4/27/12 I remember this place! It was an old slaughterhouse turned venue. Those rods on the ceiling are where they would hang the carcasses.  This is going to be easy. Winterhur, Switzerland 4/28/12 I got nothing. No! Wait! This was one of the most scenic drives of the tour as you can t

Chadcago 11/12/09

It was brought to my attention here (scroll to comments) that last time we were in town I didn’t do enough blogging about Aaron’s long-time friend Chad Belfor. Actually I’m surprised there wasn’t more comments on this subject. The people need to know what is going on with Chad at all times. The man is the heartbeat of the city, if Chicago is a heart, he is the Aorta. You put your finger on him to see if the city is still alive. For those of you who don’t know him let me fill you in on the enigma, wrapped in a puzzle, that is Chad Belfor: The first thing you might notice is that Chad is a deep well of emotion, look at him: But Chad is much more complex than that. Chad is a man who wears many hats. Husband, PGA card holder, father, former NASCAR driver, musician, gold medal Olympic athlete… Some of these things could be used to describe him. It’s no wonder that confidence just oozes from his pores: You got to be careful though because after he knocks back a couple tall cold ones the wil